Monday, December 20, 2004

Of aspirations, ambitions and desperation

The CAT results will be out in a week’s time, and it again makes me uneasy today. Now I am no einstein or something, but then ya! I do dream. Actually this whole MBA thing is not about big dreams or those $$$ salaries. There are a few things that you just want to do in life, because u REALLY want to do them. Things that you feel suit you best and you would love doing it, but they constantly elude you.

By now I know details of almost all the colleges in here (and across the oceans too), from their lifestyles to their curriculum. I have read multiple MBA blogs and stuff and checked hundreds of sites involving the same. In short I have gained enough insight to discuss the topic of MBA entrance and future prospects with aplomb. But the bottom line is I have not done well in the exam, Too much na!

So what’s the whole point writing all this after coming to office on a holiday? Of late and even more today I am realizing that this dream is slowly shaping in to desperation and making me increasingly uncomfortable. Questions come hitting - Am I being too ambitious, am I dreaming beyond my potential? I heard that you can fight your way out of anything, and I have generally been a ‘fight till the end’ kinda guy but in this case either I am not fighting out well or the end is too far. Whatever it is, I hate to say this but it feels like...I am giving up!

Anyways I feel much better and the initial excitement of writing a blog is dying, so till the next post you guys….Keep Fighting!! :-)

Passing thought - The best part of having a Monday off instead of a Saturday – there are no Monday morning blues.