Thursday, May 18, 2006

‘RDB’ Karun kya?

I know all blogs, papers, discussions and channels are laden with the topic of reservation, but still I couldn’t resist myself from getting in it. No I am not here to give you some facts and figures of reservations, but just share a thought which came across.
When a few days back the media made a hero out of Abu Salem, and brought to public his evil doings there was a much hyped incident of Gulshan Kumar’s murder. Salem had done it for extortion. After that murder when Salem called others for extortion dhamkis, he went ahead as ‘Tera Gulshan Kumar karun kya?’. Whooops.
Now why do I talk about it here? Because many years back I had seen on news channels students burning them selves, but I never understood it back then. Now I understand what the hell Mandal commission was. And when Mrs. Gandhi’s puppet dear Mr. Arjun Singh plans the same for the lust of votes, it brings back haunting memories. But is there a way out?
You guys saw ‘Rang de Basanti’? I really liked the movie though I was unable to digest the message. But now that these monsters don’t seem to change, lets go ahead.
Someone send a CD of RDB for Mr. Singh’s viewing, with a message ‘Tera RDB karu kya’??