Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Feeling Rusty

‘am reading ‘losing my virginity’. For the less aware souls – it’s not a book about the first bangs of life but an autobiography of Richard Branson, the maverick CEO of Virgin Atlantic. From the start of the book, I am getting related to the Man (now who doesn’t like to get related with success). He talks of how his was so very enthusiast about his business plans right from his school / college days and how he enjoyed drafting these plans, working for school magazines, trying to take risks.
It reminded me of my days and the things I enjoyed most – debating, elocutions, managing college clubs, organizing fests, sponsorships, magazines and a passion for anything related to business.
But IT industry happened to beat the risk taker in me. Though a couple of plans were thought, a few discussed and a very few documented; none of them saw the light of the day and looks like they never will.
I am losing hair, gaining tummy (though gaining on the pay slips too) and may be turning lethargic. Comfort and coziness can be bad, very bad; they can kill the fire in you. I guess they already are.